Friday, May 23, 2008

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080502/nyf006.html?.v=101

While perusing the pages of this newspaper on a daily basis, one cannot fail to notice Rob Fountain's credit line as staff photographer.

He started his photojournalist journey at age 22 when he purchased a 35mm Olympus OM-10 and walked into the Saranac Lake offices of the Adirondack Daily Enterprise.

"I was friends with the sports editor there, Jim Stowell," Fountain said. "He said if I was interested, I could take high-school football photos for him, so he didn't have to. I started being their sports photographer on Saturdays. I did that for some time. Then their photographer quit, and they asked me to take over."

FINE-ARTS ASPECT

When Fountain first started, he knew little, formally, about photojournalism.

"The publisher, Cathy Moore, told me to fill up the frame and come up with a single photo that best tells the story of the whole situation.


Read More

No comments: